Trial Courts




Civil and Criminal Courts - Panaji.

Civil and Criminal Courts,Panaji


The Civil and Criminal Court building is situated at the heart of the Panaji City of Goa. The Civil and Criminal Courts Building is situated on the bank of river Mandovi and facing towards Mandovi river. Panaji Residency of Government of Goa is situated on the adjacent side of the said building. The famous Adilshaha palace is at a distance of 20 mts. from the Court building. There are all together five temples and one church situated in the Vicinity of the Court building, namely Mahalaxmi Temple, Maruti Temple, Ganapati Temple, Laxmi Narayan Temple, Saibaba Temple and church namely Emmauculate Conception. There are various educational institutions of various courses such as technical, law, arts, commerce and science, etc. in the Panaji City. The Miramar beach is at a distance of 4 kms. from the Court Building, which is a famous tourist spot.

The Judicial Officers of Panaji Civil and Criminal Courts are:


LIST OF JUDICIAL OFFICERS IN CIVIL AND CRIMINAL COURTS PANAJI

Name of the Court

Sr. No


Incharge

01 Civil Judge, Senior Division and Chief Judicial Magisrate,"A" Court, Panaji.
Shri Asheley Noronha
02


Additional Civil Judge, Senior Division & J.M.F.C., “B” Court, Panaji.


Shri Edger P. Fernandes
03


Civil Judge, Junior Division & J.M.F.C., “C” Court, Panaji.


Shri. Bosco G.F.Roberts
04
Civil Judge, Junior Division & J.M.F.C., “D” Court, Panaji.


Smt. Saee A. Prabhudessai


Jurisdiction

Original

Appellate

Special

The office hours of District and subordinate Courts are from 9.30 to 1.00 and 2.00 to 5.30 with a lunch break of one hour between 1.00 p.m to 2.00 p.m.

Court hours: 10.00 A.M. to 1.00 P.M. and 2.30 P.M. to 5.30 P.M.



Civil and Criminal Courts - Mapusa



 

 

 

 


Goa came under the Portuguese rule in 1510 when Alfonso de Albuquerque conquered Goa from the Adil Shaha of Bijapur. The Portuguese ruled Goa until 19th December, 1961 when Goa was liberated by the Indian Army. The Portuguese considered Goa as an overseas province of Portugal. The Judicial System as existed in Goa during the Portuguese Regime was that the entire Portuguese Colonial Judiciary was divided into various Districts. The Judicial District of New Goa consisted of Bardez, Bicholim, Daman, Tiswadi, Macau, Quepem, Salcette, Timor where there were proper Civil and Criminal Courts and Mormugao and Ponda had subordinate municipal Courts which were known as “Julgados Municipaes”

The Judicial District of Bardez has its Court at Mapusa and as per the available records Barrister Antonio Bernardo de Braganza Pereira was its first Judge who was appointed as a Judge on 26.11.1921. The old Court building at Mapusa was constructed and inaugurated in the year 1923. It is further found in the records that Barrister, Shivram Balwant Rao was the first Public Prosecutor of Bardez. Further, Barrister Shivram Balwant Rao was appointed as the First Class Judge of Bardez in 1943.

At present, the Court of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances is functioning in the said building. Three Civil Courts of Junior Division are functioning in the said building presided over by the Civil Judge, Junior Division & Judicial Magistrate First Class 'D' Court (since vacant), Smt. Reina Fernandes, Civil Judge, Junior Division. & Judicial Magistrate, First Class, 'E' Court, & Ms. Aruna Fernandes, Civil Judge, Junior Division & Judicial Magistrate, First Class, 'F' Court.

The foundation stone for the new Court building was laid at the hands of the Hon'ble Chief Minister of Goa Shri Pratapsingh Raoji Rane in the distinguished presence of Justice Dr. Gustavo F. Couto, Judge, High Court of Bombay and Shri Haji Shaikh Hassan, then Minister for Law, Govt. of Goa, on 18th October, 1989.

The new Court building was constructed and started functioning in the year 1991. Smt. Manju Sharma, Civil Judge Sr. Divn. & J.M.F.C., was the first Judge to preside over in this Court.


Historical and religious places at the station
1. Ghandhi Chowk with statue of Mahatma Gandhi is at a distance of 1 km.
2. Hutatma Smarak at the distance of 1 km.
3. Comunidade building is at the distance of about 20 mts.
4. Temple of Lord Bodgeswar at the distance of 2 kms.
5. Temple of Lord Hanuman at the distance of 1 km.
6. Church of St. Jerome at the distance of 1 kms.
7. Mapusa market at the distance of 1 kms.




LIST OF JUDICIAL OFFICERS IN CIVIL AND CRIMINAL COURTS - MAPUSA


Sr. No


Name of the Court Incharge
01


Civil Judge, Senior Division and Judicial Magistrate First Class, C-Court, Mapusa


Shri N.S. Amonkar
02
Adhoc Civil Judge, Senior Division and Judicial Magistrate First Class, A-Court, Mapusa


Ms. Dvijple alias Dvija V Patkar
03
Ad-hoc Addl. Civil Judge, Senior Division and Judicial Magistrate First Class, B-Court, Mapusa


Shri D.M.Kerkar
04 Civil Judge, Junior Division and Judicial Magistrate First Class, E-Court, Mapusa. Smt Apurva R Nagvenkar
05 Civil Judge, Junior Division and Judicial Magistrate First Class, F-Court, Mapusa. Shri Carlo Rohin Santana Da Silva
06
Civil Judge, Junior Division and Judicial Magistrate First Class, D-Court, Mapusa.


Vacant

Civil and Criminal Courts - Bicholim



The First Court Building was built in the year, 1941. The additional Court building was inaugurated at the hands of the Hon'ble Justice Shri P. V. Hardas, Judge of the Hon'ble High Court of Bombay at Goa on 29/03/2003. The First Judge was Doutor Herio Gonsalves Ferreira Juiz de Direito Da Comarca.


Historical Place :

1. Pandavas caves at the distance of 7 kms. from the Bicholim Court.

2. Mayem lake is at a distance of 3 kms. from the Bicholim Court.

3. Temple of Devi Lairaee at Shirgao is at a distance of 10 kms. from the Bicholim Court.




LIST OF JUDICIAL OFFICERS IN CIVIL AND CRIMINAL COURTS BICHOLIM

Sr. No


Name of the Court Incharge
01
Ad-hoc Civil Judge Senior Division and Judicial Magistrate First Class, A-Court, Bicholim


Smt Kalpana Gawas
02 Civil Judge Junior Division and Judicial Magistrate First Class, B-Court, Bicholim. Ms. Shubhada Atchut Dalvi (on deputation)
03

 

Civil Judge Junior Division and Judicial Magistrate First Class, C-Court, Bicholim.



Smt Artikumari N.Naik

Civil and Criminal Courts - Ponda


 

Ponda Court was functioning during pre-liberation times as the Court of the Julgado Municipal Especial de Ponda since the mid 1930's. Before liberation, this Court of Julgado Municipal Especial de Ponda had both Civil & Criminal Jurisdictions and was functioning under Comarca Court of Ilhas (Panaji). This Court was upgraded as the Civil Judge, Senior Division at Ponda in 1979 and Shri R. K. Batta was appointed as the First Civil Judge, Senior Division at Ponda who rose to adorn the Judgeship of the High Court of Bombay on 06/12/1995 and retired on 03/09/2003.

This Court now comprises of three Judges. One being a Senior Civil Judge and the remaining two being Civil Judges Junior Division. All the three Judges in Ponda are also the Judicial Magistrate First Class exercising concurrent jurisdiction on the Criminal side. Presently only two courts are functioning and one is vacant. The old Court building of Ponda has been renovated/ reconstructed in the year 2000. The foundation stone for the new Court building at Ponda was laid on 02/01/1997 by Shri M. B. Shah, the then Hon'ble Chief Justice of the High Court of Bombay in the presence of Shri Pratapsingh Rane, the then Hon'ble Chief Minister of Goa and Shri Domnic Fernandes the then Hon'ble Law Minister of Goa. The said Court was inaugurated on 09/05/2000 by Shri B. P. Singh the then Hon'ble Chief Justice of the High Court of Bombay in the presence of Shri Francisco Sardinha, the then Hon'ble Chief Minister of Goa and Shri Francis D'Souza the then Hon'ble Minister for Law and Judiciary.

Dr. Antonio Abreu Lobo was the first Julgado Municipal Especial de Ponda. This Court continued to function upto the liberation of Goa in 1961. Justice Eurico Santana da Silva was the last Judge designated as the Julgado Municipal Especial in this town.

The Government Office complex with the offices of the Mamlatdar, Deputy Collector, B.D.O., Public Works Departments, Communidade, Labour Department, Weights and Measures Department, Civil Registrar, Government Sub-Treasury, etc. are housed in one roof in a complex opposite the Ponda Court building.

Historical and religious places at Ponda.
1. Kapileshwari Temple at a distance of about 1 Km.
2. Shree Nagueshi Temple at Nagueshi is at a distance of 4 to 5 kms.
3. Mahalaxmi Temple at Bandora, Ponda at at distance of 3 to 4 Kms.
4. Ramnathi Temple at Ramnathi Ponda at a distance of 2 Kms.
5. The Safa Sahouri Masjid 2 to 3 kms. away from the Ponda Court is a historical place and the same is the biggest and oldest mosque in Goa, built in 1560 and the only one remaining amongst the 26 Mosques built by Ibrahim Adilshah of Bijapur. On its South is a tank for ritual cleansing surrounded by a large garden. Large numbers of people gather at this Mosque during Id-ul-Fitr and Id-ul-Zuha.



JUDICIAL OFFICER IN CIVIL AND CRIMINAL COURTS PONDA

Sr. No


Name of the Court Incharge
01 Adhoc. Civil Judge, Senior Division & J.M.F.C., “A” Court, Ponda. Shri S. J .Natekar
02 Civil Judge, Junior Division & J.M.F.C., 'B' Court, Ponda. Vacant
03
Civil Judge, Junior Division & J.M.F.C., 'C' Court, Ponda.


Smt Sharmila A. Patil

Civil and Criminal Court - Pernem


This Court building was constructed in the year 1990, abutting the State Highway Pernem – Tuyem at Mauswada in Pernem Taluka in North Goa District. It is standing on a plot of land having an area of 4200 sq. mts. with a residential quarter for the Judge, surrounded by pucca compound wall and almost in the heart of the Town.
This Court building was inaugurated by the then Hon'ble Chief Justice of the High Court of Bombay Shri Chittatosh Mukarjee on 01/10/1990 and started functioning w.e.f. 03/10/1990.

Shri Crisanto Fernandes, then Civil Judge, Junior Division and J.M.F.C., Pernem was the first sitting Judge at Pernem. The sittings of this Court were earlier at Mapusa, Bardez Goa.

The famous 'Poonav/Dassarah' festival of Pernem Goa is celebrated close to the Pernem Court which is attended by many devotees all over Goa as well as nearby places of Sawantwadi, Banda, Maharashtra, etc.

This Taluka is also blessed with scenic beauty of a sea-shore and beautiful beaches such as Ashvem-Mandrem & Arambol. Morjim beach is famous for the nesting of Riddleys turtles and Keri-Terekhol beach attracts many tourists from all over India and abroad. The famous Terekhol Fort is also situated in this Taluka. 'Hutatma Smarak' at Patradevi is 12 Kms. away from the Court Building.


JUDICIAL OFFICER IN CIVIL AND CRIMINAL COURT PERNEM


Sr.No


Name of the Court Incharge
01
Civil Judge Junior Division and Judicial Magistrate First Class, Pernem


Shri. Ram Prabhu Dessai.

Civil and Criminal Court - Sattari at Valpoi

 

The foundation stone of this Court building was laid down on 15/01/1989 by Shri Pratap Singh Raoji Rane, former Chief Minister of Goa and in the presence of Shri Haji Shaikh Hasan Haroon, former Minister for Law.

This Court building was inaugurated on 11/03/1990 by Shri Chittatosh Mukarjee, former Hon'ble Chief Justice of the High Court of Bombay and in the distinguished presence of Shri Pratap Singh Raoji Rane, former Hon'ble Chief Minister of Goa.

This Court building is quite spacious and the same is surrounded by a garden, fruit bearing and other timbers trees. There is a Judges' quarter in the compound of the Court premises,
Shri V. S. R. Dessai was the first Civil Judge, Junior Division and J.M.F. C., Sattari at Valpoi

There are two temples namely Shree Ganesha and Shree Hanuman Temple and also one Church and one Masjid located near the Court building withing the 2 to 3 kms. distance.


Sr.No


Name of the Court Incharge
01
Civil Judge Junior Division and Judicial Magistrate First Class, Sattari at Valpoi.

Ms. Shubhada Atchut Dalvi
DISCLAIMER
Designed and Hosted by National Informatics Centre, Panaji - Goa.